The Fallen Pillars
THE VAMPIRE TEMPLATE
Can be applied to any creature of the Humanoid type.
They gain the “Undead” subtype and the associated benefits:
• darkvision 60 feet racial trait.
• +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease and mind-affecting effects.
• no penalties from energy-draining effects, though they can still be killed if they accrue more negative levels than they have Hit Dice. After 24 hours, any negative levels they’ve gained are removed without any additional saving throws.
• Vampires are harmed by positive energy and healed by negative energy. A Vampire with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality.
• A vampire can suck blood from a grappled opponent; if the vampire establishes or maintains a pin, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution damage. The vampire heals 5 hit points or gains 5 temporary hit points for 1 hour (up to a maximum number of temporary hit points equal to its full normal hit points) each round it drains blood
• Vampires are immortal and no longer age, retaining any bonuses and penalties associated with their age before acquiring the template.
In addition a Nosgoth Vampire suffers from unique vampiric weaknesses
• Blood Dependency – A Vampire which does not feed on blood within a three day period must succeed a DC 15 Will Save or suffer 2D4 Wisdom damage which may not be recovered until it has fed again. Note this save must be taken again after a further three days of starvation, potentially causing further Wisdom damage. A Vampire which has reached 0 Wisdom retains no volition of its own and no judgement to deter it from seeking blood and is temporarily remanded to the DM, who plays it as a ravening beast until it has fed.
• Sunlight Damage – A fledgling Vampire has a fatal weakness sunlight that may be overcome with age. Partial exposure to sunlight will deal the vampire 2D4 points of Fire damage (Reflex Save for Half = DC15). Total exposure to direct sunlight, either natural or magical will remove 30% of his maximum wounds per round until he is destroyed. – In addition, while exposed to sunlight (partial or total) the Vampire is exhausted.
• Water Damage – A Nosgothian Vampire also has a weakness to water, and if splashed with water will receive 2D4 points of acid damage (Reflex Save for Half = DC15). Total immersion in water will remove 30% of his maximum wounds until he is destroyed.
VAMPIRE RACIAL CLASS
Requirements: Must have the Vampire Racial Template.
Class Skills: The Vampires class skills are:
Proficiency Shift: At each stage in his growth as the years pass by, a Vampire will exhibit an increased degree of proficiency which is only typical of age. What he chooses to spend his years perfecting is up to him, but has a tremendous impact on his abilities until his next evolutionary leap.
• Body – Vampires who choose the body proficiency gain the Base Attack Bonus progression of the Fighter class and take Fortitude Saves as their best save; with the remaining two taking the worst progression. They also gain a Combat Feat every second level
• Soul – Vampires who choose the soul proficiency gain the Base Attack Bonus of the Wizard class and take Will Saves as their best save; with the remaining two taking the worst progression. They also gain additional spells per day and caster level as if they had levelled in a spellcasting class. Note that this does not grant any benefit to other abilities that might be related to that class, such as familiar abilities and so on. If they have more than one spellcasting class, they must choose only one which it then applies to. If they did not originally have a spellcasting class, then they gain the same progression as a Sorcerer.
• Mind – Vampires who choose the mind proficiency gain the Base Attack Bonus of the Rogue class and take Reflex saves as their best save; with the remaining two taking the worst progression. They also gain the sneak attack ability (or an additional dice of damage if they already have it) and at their third level they may select a Rogue Talent from the Rogue class.